Bhitarkanika National Park is a mangrove forest in Odisha’s Brahmani River Delta, near the Bay of Bengal. Bhitarkanika is a popular tourist destination in Kendrapara District. It is 30 kilometers across canals from Rajanagar and 130 kilometers from Bhubaneswar. The whole area is 650 square kilometers, comprising 380 square kilometers of woodland and 115.50 square kilometers of mangrove forest. The forest is so dense that sunlight hardly penetrates the woodland floor. There are 60 different types of mangrove plants on isolated beaches. Bhitarkanika is noted for its white crocodiles (Gori) and gharial crocodiles. Bhitarkanika National Park is a natural zoo with wild animals located in both Odisha and India.
It was designated as a refuge in 1975, and Bhitarkanika National Park in 1998. The Brahmani and Baitarani rivers encircle the area. The sanctuary and national park of 600 square kilometers established by the river on three sides with only the sea in the east draws tourists to the crocodile breeding farm at Dangamala and the mangrove forest with intriguing flora and fauna. Aside from lizards, pythons, and king cobras, there were wild pigs, rhesus monkeys, sambars, spotted deer, and many more creatures. Bhitarkanika National Park, India’s second-largest mangrove forest, is notable for its crocodiles and mangroves.
Bhitarkanika Nature Camp & Eco Cottage makes all types of arrangements for travelers’ accommodation, food, housing, and security. It is an excellent area to come and go boating in Bhitarkanika. Crocodiles, birds, snakes, deer, and a variety of other species may be spotted along the riverbank while boating. Bhitarkanika Park’s beauty is enhanced by wildlife such as turtles, crocodiles, sand, streams, wildlife creatures, and mangrove forests. Bhitarkanika Park and Nature Camp is the best tourist destination in Kendrapara, Odisha.
Bhitarkanika Nature Camp Price & Information
- The guest must provide a print copy of the lodging booking and admission ticket, as well as proof of identity.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are free and restricted to the number of people stated on the ticket.
- The availability of power determines whether AC can be operated in the location.
- In addition to the accommodation, parking charges for boat vehicles must be paid at the location according to the following tariff:
- The boat parking fee is Rs100/- per boat per day. Motor Cycle: Rs 25 per motorcycle per day. Four-wheelers cost Rs100 each day.
- Still camera = for armature @ Rs.50 per day, Professional-Rs.1000/-
- Cine Camera for armature @ 5000 per day professional Rs.25000/- per day Charges for making a documentary on wildlife Rs.15000/- per day
- For Non-Indian Nationals
- Still camera = for armature @ Rs.200 per day, Professional-Rs.2000/ Cine Camera armature @ 10000 per day, professional Rs50000/- per day Charges for making of a documentary on wildlife Rs.20000 per day
- Gupti to Habalikathi by boat journey (approx. 3hrs) and on-spot boat booking for
- Visitors are to walk about 2.8 km long nature trails from the jetty to reach the Habalikhati nature camp of Bhitarkanika. (Source)
How to Reach, Top Attractions, Destination Facilities, Transportation, Accessibility
Bhitarkanika National Park & Nature Camp Opening time is Monday to Sunday 9 am to Evening 7 pm
Best Time to visit
The best time to visit Bhitarkanika National Park at all times of the year.
Nearest Bus Stop
The nearest Bus stop is Rajnagar, which is located around 30 KM distance from Dangamala Nature Camps
Nearest Railway Station
The Nearest Railway Station is Kendrapara, which is located around 70 KM distance and Cuttack railway station is 128 km from Bhitarkanika Mangroves
The nearest airport is Biju Patnaik International Airport, Bhubaneswar, which is located around 156 KM distance from Bhitarkanika National Park