Welcome to Boudh Tourism, Odisha
Boudh is a newly formed district on 2nd October 1992. It is situated on the bank of the river Mahanadi and 228 km away from Bhubaneswar and 70 km from Phulbani. It is a very small town and headquarters of the district. there is a Rameswar temple toward the southwest side of the town but. Batuka Vairavi temple is towards the east of the town. Lord Jagannathan temple is situated just on the bank of the river Mahanadi towards the north and nearby the palace. King’s palace is on the bank of the river Mahanadi.
An excavated remains of a Buddhist statue is seated in front of the king’s palace in Yoga mudra. Boudha is surrounded by hills and dense forest among the district the river. Mahanadi is flowing down towards the east. Most of the inhabitants of this district are Adivasi, Kandhas and other castes. Boudh is famous for handloom products like tusser and silk items. The temple of hanuman and Matangeswar temple on the bank of river Mahanadi attract the people. Boudh Tourist places are Rameswar temple, maa Bhairabi Temple, Charisambhu Temple, Nayakpada Cave, Sagada Dam.
The Boudh District covers an area of 3098 sq. Km. As per the 2011 census, the total population of the District is 44,11,62 with the total male population as 22,16,25 and female population as 21,35,37. The Boudh District has 1 subdivision, 1186 Villages, 69 Gram Panchayats, 03 Tahasils and 03 Blocks, 1 Municipality, 1 N.A.C, 2 Assembly Constituency and 06 Police stations are there in the Boudh District.