Putsil Mountain Point, merely 1 kilometer from Pendajam, unfolds its enchanting vistas, positioned approximately 21 kilometers from Sunabeda and 40 kilometers from Koraput town. Revered as the “Switzerland of Odisha,” Putsil offers the sublime pleasure of witnessing Mountain Point majestically rise, providing sweeping views of the neighboring hills.
Drawing a significant influx of winter picnickers, Putsil becomes a haven for nature enthusiasts. The ethereal spectacle of clouds caressing the valley’s mountains adds a captivating dimension to the tourist experience. The journey to Putsil Valley itself is adorned with scenic delights, featuring waterfalls, springs, and a charming coffee garden. Putsil stands as a prominent tourist attraction in Koraput, Odisha, enticing visitors with its natural splendor and serene ambiance.
Eco Retreat Putsil, Koraput
Another noteworthy allure of the Putsil Valley is the Eco Retreat, an initiative by the Odisha Tourism Department designed to captivate tourists with mountain vistas. Operating until February 28, 2024, this retreat boasts 25 temporary tents, providing a unique accommodation experience. Enhancing the panoramic views, a watchtower has been strategically positioned, allowing visitors to immerse themselves in the beauty of the hillside.
Comprehensive arrangements encompass accommodation, culinary offerings, security provisions, trekking opportunities, yoga sessions, and a diverse array of cultural activities, ensuring a holistic and enjoyable experience for tourists. Putsil Table Mountain Point emerges as one of the most sought-after tourist destinations in the Koraput District, drawing admirers with its natural charm and the curated offerings of the Eco Retreat.
Places to Visit Near Putsil Mountain Valley
Putsil Mountain Valley, located in the heart of Odisha, is a stunning destination known for its pristine waterfalls, lush green forests, and stunning mountain ranges. But did you know there are a plethora of other interesting places to visit near Putsil Mountain Valley? Here are a few of the best places to visit
- Deomali Hills: This is Odisha’s highest peak, and it provides breathtaking views of the surrounding landscapes. Trekking and hiking expeditions are available for visitors to enjoy the scenic views of the surrounding hills and forests.
- Gupteswar Cave Temple: This ancient temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is located on the Sunabeda plateau near Putsil Mountain Valley. The temple is well-known for its intricate carvings and beautiful architecture, making it a must-see for history and culture buffs.
- Duduma Waterfall: This magnificent waterfall is located near Putsil Mountain Valley on the Machkund River. Duduma Waterfall, surrounded by lush green forests and dramatic landscapes, is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy nature’s beauty.
- Jeypore Town: This bustling town is known for its rich cultural heritage and is located near Putsil Mountain Valley. Visitors can visit the town’s many ancient temples and monuments, including the well-known Jagannath Temple and the Gupteswar Cave Temple.
- Balda Cave: This cave is known for its prehistoric rock art and is located near the town of Jeypore. Visitors can view the ancient artwork and learn about the region’s history and culture.
Whether you’re interested in history, or culture, or simply want to relax, the Putsil Mountain Valley region has something for everyone. These top attractions will provide a one-of-a-kind and unforgettable experience, making your trip to the Putsil Mountain Valley region unforgettable.
Destination Attractions, Destination Facilities, Transportation, Accessibility, How to Reach
Putsil Village Mountain Open time is Morning 8 am to Evening 6 pm.
Best Time to visit
The best time to visit Eco Retreat, Koraput is from October to June, and the winter season
Nearest Bus Stop
The nearest Bus stop is Koraput Bus Semiliguda, which is located around 18 Km distance from Putsil Table Mountain
Nearest Railway Station
The Nearest Railway Station is Koraput, which is located around 40 Km Putsil View Point
The nearest airport is Biju Patnaik International Airport, which is located around 492 Km distance from Putsil Hill Station